About World of Warships
World of Warships is a free, historical, online combat game from Wargaming. Command a massive naval fleet featuring some of history’s most iconic war vessels, level up important tech modules and prepare to dominate the oceans in World of Warships.
With four classes of ships, myriad upgrades, and strategically designed environments, the action never ends and every match is a unique experience.
World of Warships brings players endless hours of strategy, tactical gameplay and pulse-pounding combat!
- World of Warships (WoWS) is a widely popular naval combat game with the largest fleet of historically accurate ships available to play.
- WoWS has one of the biggest digital libraries of warships’ blueprints in the world.
- WoWS is developed by Lesta Studio in St. Petersburg, renowned for their uncompromising and consistent release schedule.
- There are around 350 warships in the game, which is three and a half times more than at the time of release in September 2015. All ships are modeled on real engineering drawings of the first half of the 20th century, while the creation of each of them takes from two to six man-months.
- The player can collect rare collectible items, such as military orders, ship emblems or digitally processed photographs and all of the collectibles come with educational information. Upon completing their collections players earn special rewards.
- Commanders are an integral part of the World of Warships. Like ships, they accumulate combat experience, which can be spent on training of particular commanding skills that either improve the combat characteristics of the ship or give new abilities.
- Although historical accuracy plays a vital role in World of Warships, neither collections nor campaigns are always historical. There are no restrictions for developers’ creativity and they are clearly not afraid to add new and fun features in the game. The large-scale events during Halloween or April’s Fool became a tradition, very well received by the community. And while majority of players may enjoy this fun twist, others are still always given with the option of not displaying it.