Wartales is an open world RPG in which you lead a group of mercenaries in their search for wealth across a massive medieval universe. Explore the world, recruit companions, collect bounties and unravel the secrets of the tombs of the ancients!
- Explore the world and aid its inhabitants to gather more information about the events that led to the strange “new normal” in which you’re now embroiled
- Travel through more than 20 regions in your quest for fame and wealth.
- Fight wild animals or fearless bandits in a tactical turn-based combat system with deep and innovative mechanics, including timeline management.
- Recruit new companions and create your perfect build with numerous unique specializations, skill sets, and weapon preferences.
- Accept contracts to defend, save the inhabitants of the land from the peasants to the lords. They may be good or bad, you’ll discover it on your way.
- Collect bounties and be mindful of your notoriety level. Cause too much trouble and you’ll get caught.
- Deep and intuitive RPG progression and crafting system to improve your characters.
- Gather materials to craft powerful new weapons and tools and repair your armor.
- Develop your camp adding new amenities, tools & equipment to increase your group’s morale and efficiency.
- Explore different landscapes and capture fish, mine and cut wood via mini games.
About Shiro Games
Shiro Games is an independent studio created by video games veterans Sebastien Vidal and Nicolas Cannasse in order to bring new innovative games to life. Based in Bordeaux, France, the studio released its first title, Evoland, in 2013, followed by the acclaimed sequel Evoland 2: A Slight Case of Spacetime Continuum Disorder in 2015. Shiro Games launched their best-selling Viking strategy game Northgard in 2018. The team has also brought Northgard to the console, with a Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version now available. The studio most recently released the co-operative medieval action game Darksburg to positive reviews.