Crowfall is an MMORPG based on player cooperation and conflict across decisive and finite campaigns. The Eternal Kingdoms are player-created cities and hubs, where players who rise to power can rule as they see fit. Meanwhile, each campaign world is a huge, procedurally-generated map with its own set of victory conditions. During campaigns, opposing players will clash in their hunt for resources before that campaign world is eventually destroyed forever. Players will band together and compete against others for glory, wealth and power, racing for victory against each other and the ceaseless tide of the Hunger in the eternal Throne War.
Crowfall is coming to PC in 2017 and is currently in pre-alpha.
- CAMPAIGN WORLDS – See rich worlds slowly destroyed by the Hunger
While characters are persistent, campaign worlds are not. Each world is unique, which means that the game of territorial conquest will be different in every campaign.
Every campaign world exists for a set duration – typically one to three months. During that time, the world will cycle through a single in-game year: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Through the course of the campaign, the worlds grow more sinister and deadly as the land is consumed by the Hunger, a fearsome force of corruption that unleashes legions of undead across the land.
At the end of Winter, the campaign world is destroyed and the campaign ends. A victor is declared, the map is wiped and the world goes off-line forever. The players return to their Eternal Kingdoms to count their spoils or lick their wounds before they choose their next campaign.
- ETERNAL KINGDOMS – Strategize, organize and rule
Unlike the campaigns, these worlds are permanent, and are completely managed and owned by the players. This is where the throne resides as a symbol of the perpetual struggle for power and glory.
Players can divide up their domains into provinces and grant lands to other players in exchange for their allegiance, like a true sovereign ruler. Guilds can then use this power base in the campaign worlds.
- DESTRUCTION AND CREATION – Shape the world as you wish
Crowfall will generate an endless succession of unique and interesting campaign worlds for players to mine, shape, conquer and destroy.
The campaign maps are procedurally-generated. We automate the process of creating every mountain, forest, river, castle and abandoned village, making the start of every campaign a new chance for exploration and discovery.
- PLAYER DRIVEN ECONOMY – Build and own the world
The economy is controlled by players allowing for deep specialization and interaction in the creation of wealth, but to make the most of it players should band together and cooperate.
Players will have to explore the campaign worlds in a quest to find valuable resources. Once found, those resources have to be mined, guarded and transported so that they can be used by the artisans of the land to create valuable items and artifacts.
- RISE TO POWER WITHOUT GRINDING – Skill means more than time
Crowfall eliminates the need to grind for gear and experience. Advancement is done through passive training, meaning that characters can select up to three skills to be training, whether they are online or not. Therefore, everyone has a fighting chance to rise to power even if the time available to pursue this goal is very different from player to player.
- CHAMPIONS OF THE GODS – Powerful, persistent characters
Players are immortal champions of the gods. Campaign worlds come and go, but your heroes will live forever, persistent, like in most other MMOs. When one campaign ends, you take your advancement, and the spoils of war you’ve earned, and move on to the next campaign.
It is possible to create and manage multiple characters and participate in multiple campaigns at once with each character possessing unique powers, skills and resources.
- MULTI-CLASSING SYSTEM – Layers of depth and customization
Heroes are created using a deep multi-classing system, with advantages and disadvantages based on points. Start with a base archetype and add disadvantages. From there, classes can be promoted and take up to three disciplines yielding powerful but flexible archetypes.
Crowfall is an upcoming MMORPG made possible by crowdfunding from over 30 thousand backers. To date, the game has attracted over $7 million in pledges.
Crowfall is being developed by ArtCraft Entertainment (ACE), an expert and exceptionally seasoned MMO development team.
The founders of ACE, J. Todd Coleman and Gordon Walton, are responsible for some of the most iconic and innovative MMOs ever made, including Star Wars Galaxies, Shadowbane, Ultima Online, Wizard 101, Pirate 101, Star Wars: The Old Republic and the Sims Online.
Crowfall in a nutshell:
- Developed by ArtCraft Entertainment (ACE)
- Published in Europe by Travian Games
- Genre: MMORPG
- Platform: PC with client Installer for Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Minimum Requirements: 8 GB RAM, 2 GB Graphics Card
- Buy once to play forever, no subscription required
- Pledge packages, including the game client, start at €45, available at Crowfall.com
- THRONE WAR MMO thousands of players converge to fight for supremacy in large-scale PVP conquest.
- DECISIVE CAMPAIGNS allow players and guilds to gain total victory on different worlds.
- ETERNAL KINGDOMS A place for players to work together in order to build and maintain a permanent base of power.
- IMMORTAL CHAMPIONS sent forth by the gods, players will battle the world-eating malevolent force known as the Hunger.
- DESTRUCTION AND CREATION allows players to shape worlds, raising defensive structures and tearing down those of their enemies.
- PLAYER-DRIVEN ECONOMY brings depth and specialization and a need to cooperate, everything is player built and owned.
- ALLEGIANCE AND FEALTY gives players a chance to build a large following or strong alliances amongst their peers in the Eternal Kingdoms, granting land and even collecting taxes.
- RISE TO POWER WITHOUT GRINDING passive and offline skill training means playing fewer hours will not ruin your chance at glory.
- DEEP CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT offers advanced multi-classing and specialization across multiple characters per account.
- GLORY, WEALTH AND POWER are the rewards for those who conquer their enemies through skill, strategy and cooperation.
ABOUT ARTCRAFT ENTERTAINMENT, Inc.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. is an independent developer and publisher of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products on multiple platforms. ArtCraft is part of the vibrant Austin game development community, which includes nearly 100 game companies and more than two thousand game developers.
ABOUT TRAVIAN GAMES GMBH
Travian Games GmbH, based in Munich, is a world renowned self-publishing developer of online games. The company offers its customers complex, multi-layered adventure worlds that inspire players with their gaming depth and guarantee users long-lasting enjoyment. A motivated team develops and markets online entertainment for all age groups. Travian Games currently offers the following games: Crowfall, goalunited Legends, goalunited PRO, Miramagia, Rail Nation, Travian: Legends, Travian: Kingdoms and UnitedGP. They are translated into up to 39 languages and can be enjoyed by fans of lasting gaming entertainment all around the world.