PC, Xbox One
Cute riot simulator
Anarcute is a rampaging cute riot simulator, combining adorable Kawaii-aesthetics with huge-scale chaos and colourful destruction. Players need to grow their rioting force to take down the evil and oppressive Brainwash Patrol who have seized control of the world’s greatest cities. With tactical gameplay and large-scale destruction, revolution will play out across locations like Paris, Tokyo and Reykjavik. Anarcute is out for PC (Steam) and Xbox One, with more platforms to follow in the future.
Anarteam is a group of 5 students from the French videogame school Supinfogame. They have won multiple awards in the development of their first game, Anarcute, including Unity’s Award 2015 “Best Student Game” and “Best of Show for Action/Combat” at Paris Games Week 2015. Find more on Anarteam on their website www.anarcute.com.
- “Unity Awards, Best Student Game” – Boston, September 2015
- “Paris Games Week, Best of Show “Action/Combat”” – Paris, November 2015
- “Independent Games Festival, Honorable Mention – Best Student Project” – San Francisco, Jan 2016
- “Microsoft Imagine Cup France – Gold Medal” – Paris, April 10th, 2014
- “Ping Award – Best Student Game” – Paris, October 30th, 2014
- “Microsoft Imagine Cup, World Finalist” – Seattle, July 30th, 2014
- “Indie Games Play, Play With Heart Award” – Lille, March 28th, 2015
- “Unity Awards, Best Student Game” – Boston, September 22nd, 2015
- “Paris Games Week, Best of Show “Action/Combat”” – Paris, November 1st, 2015
- “Independent Games Festival, Honorable Mention – Best Student Project” – San Francisco, January 6th, 2016
- “It’s that desire to dress up like a demented, googly-eyed Animal Crossing character and blow everything up. I have it. You have it? Tell me it’s not just me.”
- “This is an immediately inviting game, thanks to its “cute rioter” aesthetic, simple combat controls, and bubbly animations. Its full-screen chaos evokes the best memories of Rampage’s arcade city-destruction system.”